[Magdalen] Hippity Happity New Years

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 01:29:52 UTC 2015

Wapatoie (sp?)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 1, 2015, at 7:03 PM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
>

> S/O is a graduate of UVA, but a fervent non-supporter of UVA athletic
> endeavors. He claims that when he was there, all such things were merely an
> excuse for drinking (by others...owing to alcoholic parents, he's not much

I visited the UVA campus with friends a couple of times when I was at GW. I got the impression that **everything** was an excuse for drinking. A favorite seemed to be grain alcohol and fruit juice (a name I forget) in a large garbage can.

I remember witnessing a grand piano tossed out the second floor window of a frat house -- maybe Sigma Nu )it's been a long time).

It should be noted that though I joined in the revelry (with friends from GW), I was not impressed.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie