[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 08:19:54 UTC 2015

The HP Canada colleagues I'm working with on the "project that ate my life" are a blend of Francophone and Anglo, not surprising as they're mostly based in Ottawa, Hull, and Gatineau. Interesting to see a name that looks English and find out it's pronounced the French way. Glad I heard someone address Alice as a-LEASE so I was able to say it right when I led a meeting. Another colleague came in later and called her ALL-is and was rather coldly corrected. I wonder how many times a day she has to do that...her surname doesn't look particularly French. We've got a Luc and a Marc with similarly English-looking surnames...but the c their first name gives a clue. And then we've got a Gatineau resident who's from Manchester and sounds like it. What a cool team. I'm learning to spell properly at last...

Sent from my iPad