[Magdalen] Annual Meetings, votes, was test

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:56:19 UTC 2015

So, let's talk some more about annual meeting time. Besides the
recurring theme of deficit budgets, how does your parish handle vestry
voting? Paper ballots? Voter qualifications? Disfranshisement?

Perhaps I'm imagining as I age, but there seems to be a growing
possibility to see faces not even seen at C&E; some whisper that they
sent in a check in December to meet "known to the treasurer," and a
tendency toward adult children "coming for a visit" who haven't been in
church since their wedding.

Our service leaflets are stuffed with prepared ballots. In similar
groups (homeowners associations, etc.) I've always experienced a sign-in
for ballots that insured only those with current accounts, etc. rec'd
their ballot(s).

It may say more about me than the practice (and that would be correct; I
am a miserable offender with a conniving mind) that I find this
disturbing, but I'm wondering what the practice is where you are.

Peace,
Jo