[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 07:42:08 UTC 2015

Jay

Agreed.

In the UK, we have the same problem.

I was not allowed to have a wedding conducted in an open Church Wiggenhall
St Peters (which is actually a ruin but very picturesque) because it had no
 roof

So we had the wedding (legal) in the parish church Wiggenhall St  Germans
the night before and then the "blessing" of the wedding the  next day in
Wiggenhall St Peters.

UK law requires that the church has a roof and is licensed by the Bishop
for a wedding to be held therein

Blessings
Martin