[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 1 13:52:40 UTC 2015

From: Roger Stokes
Then there was the group of Assemblies of God Churches that discovered the 1979
TEC BCP adopted it as their own and established the "Charismatic Episcopal
Church." I'm sure Jim O remembers that at least two of their members and maybe a
Bishop were on the old Prodigy "Anglican Music" BBS

One even claimed they were the "true" Episcopal Church -- and it was the one and
only time I recall a Bishop apologize for one of his lay flock, and the guy
disappeared from the list.

As for passing by X number of parishes to get to **their** favorite seems to be
especially common in some Anglo-Catholic parishes. I think Scott has noted this
at Ascension, but there are lots of others (St Paul's K Street always had almost
half the congregation coming from Virginia when I was a member, for example).

Cheers,
Jim