[Magdalen] weather report...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 2 22:40:41 UTC 2015

On 02/07/2015 20:58, Jo Craddock wrote:
> Indeed! In fact, it was "raining" the morning of the day Rodger and I met you in London, Roger, as I recall. The lovely little place where we stayed warned us of inclement weather. Sorry; I've gotten more wet walking the 40 paces to my car in south Louisiana summer afternoon heat. It was definitely not worth a tourist carrying another piece of equipment! And, if the same day as I recall, by the time we met you, it was merely cloudy, then quite pleasant during our walk.

It was indeed lovel weather for a stroll in the park.  When I was in the
US last month was the first time I came across "feels like" temperatures
being higher than the actual temperatures in a forecast.  Experiencing
it told me why.  One morning one of the housekeeping staff said that the
previous day had ben like walking into a wall of heat because it was so
humid.  The high humidity means perspiration does not evaporate.

What we get over here is what I call mizzly weather - fine rain which
makes you feel miserable and does no good at all.  Since I wear
eye-glasses it is terrible as it gets on the lenses and makes seeing
difficult. At least my experience in the USA is that when it rains it
rains.  A few minutes later the rain has cleared but here it can settle
in for a long time.  Fortunately it did not that day and it was good to
see you and the slimmed down Rodger.

Roger