[Magdalen] Here We Go Again.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 7 07:55:02 UTC 2015

On 07/07/2015 01:10, Jim Guthrie wrote:

> BTW, you will remember (maybe) that our GC tinkered with the Filioque
> at the 1987 GC, removing "and the Son" form "proceeds from the Father."
>
> This is reflected in subsequent experimental liturgies, of course. But
> even the substitution of the RCL in new BCP printings did not result
> in that particular adjustment.
>
> I'm not aware of any other "official" GC-approved changes in the 1979
> BCP -- are there any?

It's a nod to our Orthodoz brethren who do not approve of the Pope
having put it into the Creed (hence the name to show it is Latin in
origin).  There is a theological argument for dropping it and a
practical reason for not.  It is dropped even at the Vatican on occasion
when there is a big service with an official Orthodox presence.

Roger