[Magdalen] Here We Go Again.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Tue Jul 7 17:08:19 UTC 2015

The Lectionary is not technically part of the BCP and so can be changed at
will by General Convention - as happened when we adopted the RCL Sunday
Lectionary, and also in 1944 when the Daily Lectionary was changed, and
inserted into subsequent printings of the 1928 BCP. Commemorations fall into
this category also.

The Nicene Creed, OTOH, is part of the BCP and so can't be changed in the
BCP until we go through that process again. However, it has been changed in
Enriching Our Worship and other trial liturgies.

So, no, there haven't been *any* changes in the BCP since 1979.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com