[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:12:58 UTC 2015

One of my weird Chicago pleasures is to see a North Avenue bus' electronic destination sign above the front window. It typically consists of two screens: one sows the bus route number and name and the second shows the destination, or end of the line. I love seeing "72 NORTH AVENUE" and then the slowish left-to-right revealing of the destination, N A R R A G A N S E T T. It's silent, graceful, and oddly impressive. Also a very New England street name in the Capital of the Midwest. In the old non-electronic days the static sign might have said 72 NORTH to N'SETT or they would have terminated the line at a street with a shorter name, like Austin.

Scott, soon to board the 136 SHERIDAN/LASALLE EXPRESS to WACKER/ADAMS.

Sent from my iPad