[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:15:05 UTC 2015

Narragansett is a town, a bay and a people. I have met
Narragansetts in Rhode Island.

The town called Jamestown is across the bay from
Newport and is as pretty a town as you'd ever see.
It's on an island (Conanicut) that was sacred to the
Narragansett. The way the sun falls on Conaticut,
the way the waves pound at the seaward area called
the Beavertail,  it still feels sacred. I understand you
almost can't build there anymore because, when you dig,
you dig up burial sites.

A friend was building in South County when his contractor
dug up some bones. They had to halt construction immediately
and notify the State and the tribe. On official inspection, the
bones were determined to be from a deer, so construction was
allowed to continue.

The legacy of Roger Williams, a former C of E clergyman
who became a Puritan and then  left Puritanism behind ... a
fine model for all Americans
-M