[Magdalen] Latin Invasion?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 15 21:40:51 UTC 2015

>Years ago Joan and I would sometimes go to Tridentine rite masses. It was
>noticeable that the avergae age of the congregation at these masses was
>distinctly younger (and younger still because of the children) than

Like Sunday compline at the Episcopal Cathedral a few year back (don’t know if
it's still the case). It would be filled with young people; music often in
Latin, lots of smoke too . . .

There are young people attracted to this in many churches. Of course, there are
militantly diverse, contemporary inclusive language churches that also attract
young people, so I'm not sure that one can conclude anything other than maybe
the hour of Boomer (and their parents) nostalgia on Sunday mornings are
generally anathema to younger folk.

Cheers,
Jim