[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Thu Jul 16 20:22:22 UTC 2015

"Kickapoo Joy Juice" was actually based on a real patent medicine supposedly
from a formula of the Kickapoo Indians. IIRC, they had real Indians (likely
not Kickapoos) in traveling medicine shows. Off season they had an
encampment in New Haven, CT, where the stuff was made.

I discovered all this some years ago after Christopher did an "archeological
dig" in the basement and found about 4 dozen buried patent medicine bottles,
from ~1895. (No Kickapoo Indian Sagwa, however). We did research, turning it
in to an educational moment. See http://www.bottlebooks.com/kickapoo.htm.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com