[Magdalen] Creeping UK-ism?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 26 23:51:11 UTC 2015

From: Scott Knitter

>"PLEASE USE ALL AVAILABLE DOORS! USE...ALL...AVAILABLE...DOORS!"

Trains with bad doors are immediately taken out of service in NYC these days --
part of the quality of life improvements that wiped out graffiti and also takes
trains with a train with no AC (or heat) immediately out of service.

>...at a deafening volume. It's not that it's a bad sentence, but it's
>a stupid thing to tell a crowd to do. I, an individual passenger,

I wouldn’t worry about the grammar. Be grateful the cta does not employ pushers
to shove people into the available doors as in Japan and other countries.

Cheers,
Jim