[Magdalen] She's leaving church

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 19:13:16 UTC 2015

I'm pretty much over it too. I am currently reading Wolf Hall, and once
again I am overwhelmed by my feelings of how utterly STUPID it is to fight
over what someone else believes. What one believes is *personal* and I can
no longer deal with being beat over the head with someone else's beliefs.
Correction--I *will* no longer deal with it. I'm tired of the Islamists,
the Christofascists and bible-beaters, the weepers and wailers and gnashers
of teeth, and equally with the militant atheists and anti-theists, who I
find just as repugnant in quite another way. I go to church now and then
because I miss some ritual (and the seasons) and I really do like the
pastor at the Lutheran church I've been attending, but I'll never make it
as a Lutheran because I get too homesick for TEC, and although people are
friendly, I don't feel like I fit in there. As Molly says, I'm not done
with God, but I'm kind of done with church. I go sometimes, but I'm not
"getting it".  And I'm REALLY done with "religion"!