[Magdalen] Gap year (or more)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 18:32:01 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/4/2015 2:23:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

My  mother came from a family in which education was  prized>>>>

On the subject of families with a tradition of education, I think my
father's side is remarkable.  My grandfather, a USA Civil War  veteran
who fought at Vicksburg and who was born on PEI, in the Canadian
Maritimes, homesteaded in Western Minnesota, and was a farmer all
his life.

There were six children.  The two girls were high school teacher  graduates
of Hamline University.  For the boys, there were two physicians, a  dentist,
and a lawyer (my father).

.....Pretty good for farms kids from the prairies of Western  Minnesota.

David- who goes back to the Huguenots and their arrival at New  Rochelle
in 1688 on father's side.  I'm afraid they wouldn't approve of my  catholic
theology.