[Magdalen] Gap year (or more)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:38:02 UTC 2015

I'm DAMN sure my first immigrant ancestor wouldn't approve of mine.....he
was a Dutchman named Pieter van der Meulen who got tangled up with a bunch
of English "theological students" who had established a college in Leyden
(and we all know who *they* were, don't we?). He ended up in Connecticut
after being disowned by his father for his "wrong theology" and
unwillingness to join the family business of building dykes and canals. Oh,
and he changed his name to Peter Mills.....and he's referenced in at least
two documents that I've seen as "Peter Mills, the Dutchman".