[Magdalen] Pentecost Blitzkrieg.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 18:31:27 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/5/2015 2:19:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

As for  Cologne Cathedral, >>>>

I first visited Cologne before I spent the 3+ years in nearby
Frankfurt/M.  I was on one of those whirlwind tours of Europe,
and the tour bus stopped for lunch in a restaurant literally across
the street from the church.

I opted out of the lunch, and beelined to the Cathedral where  I ran
around the place like a wild man taking pictures.  Then I  encountered
one of the vergers (or whatever they call them) dressed in the
colorful red and black sort of academic looking outfits.  He asked  to
see my photo permit, and when I could not produce this, he escorted
me back to the entrance table selling them so that I could take  photos
legally.  He was quite indignant that I didn't have the  credentials.

It was a lesson learned, but it was a whole lot better than eating  lunch
in the restaurant across the street.

David Strang.