[Magdalen] New music director at our cathedral...some here may know of him...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 02:42:04 UTC 2015

Hot off the wires, the naming of our cathedral's interim music
director...just as our own parish's interim, Jeffrey Smith, begins his
own year with us. Anyone know Brandon?

Brandon Dumas will become interim director of music at St. James
Cathedral on July 1, announced the Very Rev. Jim Steen, acting dean,
today.

Dumas comes to St. James from St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in
Richmond, Virginia, where he was associate director of music and
subsequently interim director of music. He is also director of the
Virginia Girls Choir through the 2014-2015 season, and was previously
associate organist and choirmaster at the Cathedral of the Incarnation
in Garden City, Long Island. He holds both the Master of Arts and
Licentiate (LRAM) diplomas in choral conducting from the Royal Academy
of Music and the Master of Music in advanced musical studies and
performance from Royal Holloway, University of London.Learn more about
Brandon.

"Brandon will be in residence beginning July 1 and his firstSunday
will be July 19. He will be interim director of music for
approximately one year, with the possibility of assuming the permanent
position," wrote Steen in his announcement. "On July 12 we will have
the opportunity to give thanks for and celebrate the ministries of
Marjorie Johnston, who has served as acting music director since
January, Sean Knudson, who has served as organist at the 11 am service
and the 10 am summer service and Sharon Peterson, who served as
organist at the 9 amservice. Happily, all three will continue to be
involved at the Cathedral."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA