[Magdalen] Quintessential Texas Name

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 23:27:34 UTC 2015

Even more so than Billie Jo or Bobbie Sue, which get heard all over the
deep south. Although we had downstairs neighbors when I was little who were
from somewhere down there--his name was Joe, hers was Billie, and their
daughters were Jimmye and Billye Jo. They had their names up on their
mailbox, all four of them, and my father used to threaten to add their
cat's name too...Dustye.