[Magdalen] Off to Vermont

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 02:03:40 UTC 2015

I'm glad it was a good experience! Lee was surprised and gratified that the
person she spoke to was so organized and confident that it would happen -
especially as the last rector, whom we know and like, did not have a good
experience there.

Meanwhile, we had an unusual service at Christ Church, Montpelier. You may
recall that on Monday a crane fell onto the roof, making the sanctuary
unusable for several months. The damage doesn't look severe (we sneaked a
peek), but it will take a fair amount of work and time to fix.

So services, for the  foreseeable future, will be held in the parish hall
with plastic stacking chairs and a keyboard, instead of pews and a very nice
pipe organ. This actually may not be a bad thing, as a parishioner remarked
to Lee at the Convocation on Saturday. It's a smaller, less formal space,
which may help them become a bit more "go with the flow" and less formal
themselves. While they could use a nudge in that direction, I hasten to add
that they're nowhere near as bad as some of the places Jim has described in
the past. As one parishioner (this guy -> http://willemlange.com) remarked
as he entered, "This place oughta get busted more often!" So - I think it
could be a good thing for them - assuming the crane operator's insurance
pays for it, of course.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com