[Magdalen] Old Bishops Never Die; They Just Fade Away?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 16:27:37 UTC 2015

I don't know whether any of you have followed the resignation of the
Archbishop of Minneapolis/Saint Paul and one of his auxiliary bishops
over the fall out from what has been alleged poor handling of clergy
who have been accused of abuse in the Archdiocese.

Anyway, I causes me to wonder what your average archbishop or
bishop does when they remove themselves/are removed from office
before their time?

The only other such resignation I can think of in MN was the resignation  of
a Mpls/St. Paul auxiliary about 35 years ago in order for him to  marry
a former nun (sounds a little reminiscent of both Martin Luther and
++Thomas Cranmer).

In the case of the MN auxiliary, he simply taught at the Saint Thomas
University (Saint Paul and Minneapolis) until his final retirement.

David Strang.