[Magdalen] Summerville Coach retires after 63 years

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 18 02:13:28 UTC 2015

I think a Big Problem with many professional sports is that the sporting side has been lost. It is all about money with a few people at6 the top getting enormous salaries while others lower down the pecking order get little or nothing.  I don't think that is healthy for any sport.  It also brings in the possibility of people seeking an unfair advantage or not playing by the rules, and I am not referring to the Cardinals here but that could be one aspect of it.
As regards safety, there is the argument that rugby football is more dangerous as you get the same crunching tackles but without the protective gear.
Roger