[Magdalen] Listmeet follow-up

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jun 22 20:41:37 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>The CCdeals used to be great but the rental car companies have done fine print
>end runs around even normal coverage that is not their package. I still opt
> >out using my CC and regular insurance coverage and have never had need to file
>but have intended to follow up with my carrier and car insurance company.

One of the reasons I'm deeply aware of these "deals" is that having wrecked a
car with both the CC Enterprise tried to bill the CC Company and send me a bill
for the difference. I had to remind them I’d paid extra for the CDW so leave the
CC Deal out of it.

The other thing is that not owning a car, I did not have basic liability that
other drivers have -- so had to buy that as well.

What do you expect from a Car Rental Company that dings you $10/gallon for gas
if you don’t leave them a car with the tank topped off?

Cheers,
Jim