[Magdalen] Prezi presentations

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:14:29 UTC 2015

Thank you. I appreciate your sympathy, and I should get out more.

My experiences with PP, each and every one, fall in one of your last two
paragraphs: business person giving it because of their job title, or
church presentations where every effen word on the PP, and in the
handout, is also read in monotone. One of my more horrid memories is
more than 2.5 hours of going through PP slides (the whole morning
session) -- with handouts -- that were full of information and helpful
in the long term, but could have been read in 25 minutes -- in a
Microsoft certification program!

When I am put in the uncomfortable position of preparing these, I
discuss, plead, and even beg to be allowed some creativity, other ideas,
and inclusion of other media. But, "Vestry Papers," or some such bible
declares everything needs to be told ten times, and they seem to think
this gets three of those readings in at one meeting.

Peace,
Jo