[Magdalen] A la Rescheche du Temps Perdu.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 15:15:10 UTC 2015

As a result of a conversation with my cleaning lady last week, she
surprised
me this morning by whipping up some buckwheat pancakes for breakfast.

I don't think I've had buckwheat pancakes for at least 50 years, and  one
mouthful brought back a flood of memories.  I don't think I've ever  had
such a strong and immediate response to food ever.

For some reason, my mother never used the usual buttermilk/wheat
(or whatever they're called) type, though I think she used something
closely related for waffles.  She always made buckwheat  pancakes,
which we had perhaps once in ten days, for breakfast.

At any rate, the buckwheat was a real treat.

David Strang.