[Magdalen] A la Rescheche du Temps Perdu.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 17:15:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/12/2015 12:54:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

My first  husband did a fine thing with beef heart. Trimmed it, and simmered
it with  veggies, spices, and herbs overnight, then sliced it thinly and
made gravy.  You couldn't tell it from a pot roast, and it is, after all,
muscle meat.  It made fine sandwiches, too, and didn't fall apart. He wasn't
a nice  person, but he did become a chef.>>>>
We once contemplated serving beef heart to a cardiologist friend.
Good thing we did not, as he had tried it elsewhere, and found it  inedible
mostly because of his automatic emotional response.

David Strang.