[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:52:43 UTC 2015

I will never agree to that position. Plainchant is easy and
should not be left to the choir.

Everyone can sing (or can be taught to sing). The choir should
support congregational singing. An anthem? Well, maybe. Even
though it feels like a train refueling at the siding.

Otherwise a dialogue between the celebrant and people.
It's a celebration, not a performance.
-M

that has its cake and eats it too.  The congregation sings some of  the
> Ordinary and lots of hymns.  The choir sings/chants the entire  Proper
> in plainchant, and much of the Ordinary plus motets in classical
> polyphony.

There's enough singing for everyone.