[Magdalen] Psalm - Whither Goeth Thou?

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Fri Mar 13 16:20:12 UTC 2015

On Friday, March 13, 2015 10:52:43 AM ME Michaud wrote:
> I will never agree to that position. Plainchant is easy and
> should not be left to the choir.
>
> Everyone can sing (or can be taught to sing). The choir should
> support congregational singing. An anthem? Well, maybe. Even
> though it feels like a train refueling at the siding.
>
> Otherwise a dialogue between the celebrant and people.
> It's a celebration, not a performance.
> -M

I do agree with this. Our liturgies are clerical/professional enough and need
the participation of all. Yes there are the layfolk in the sanctuary
assisting, but in a way that makes it look more clerical. We need more vocal
participation by all. And more movement, but that's another question.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

What do you say to Jesus when he comes again?
Where have you been? You said you were coming right back.