[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Mar 14 14:54:08 UTC 2015

I grew rhubarb in TN on the Cumberland Plateau.  It never really thrived,
though, and the leaves/stalks never got very big after the first year or
two.  My mother also made rhubarb pies and stewed rhubarb.  I managed to
stew some and then add Splenda (since off sugar), and it came out well.  In
our neck of the woods, sassafras tea was the "spring tonic," said to "thin
the blood" after a long winter.  Who knows if sassafras root has natural
blood thinner?  Some of those old home remedies are as good as the modern
stuff we get at the drug store, if less standardized.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu