[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:12:16 UTC 2015

"Spring tonic" in my neck of the woods in east TN was burdock tea. I had a
couple of patients who swore by it. One, in fact, made it up by the gallon,
and those of her kids who lived nearby would stop by the house to get a jug
of it from the refrigerator. I know the Japanese eat burdock (I believe
it's called "gobo" in Japanese) but I don't know if they regard it as
spring tonic.