[Magdalen] Rhubarb cookies

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 04:42:37 UTC 2015

We used to grow both rhubarb and asparagus in Zimbabwe. I don't recall the
asparagus doing much, it just looked like a fern. But the rhubarb was
plentiful. My silkworms ate the leaves tho we were warned not to as they
are poisonous.

Harare is in the tropics but the only really unpleasant heat is in October
before the rains start. Summer rainfall cools things down in the
afternoons, and Winters are cold overnight, often with heavy frost.

It's a really beautiful climate though I much prefer living near the sea. I
like rhubarb, my mom in law used to make it often, serving with custard or
sometimes ice cream.

Sally D