[Magdalen] We did it!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 04:17:03 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/15/2015 11:37:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Well,  Chad, *I* am pleased that Wisconsin won the Big Ten championship and
got a  #1 seed. Boy, what a change from my days there, when the basketball
team  was so bad that when they unexpectedly beat Ohio State during the
regular  season it caused a major celebration and the wry comment that they
didn't  have to do anything else for the rest of the  year!>>>>

The long serving basketball coach of the time (I've forgotten his  name)
was alledged not to like African-Americans on his team.  Nowadays  that
would never be permitted if it were shown to be true.

I think the makeup overall of the Wisconsin team is about 50-50 White
and Black, and unusually, the tallest two on the team (6'7" and 7')  are
both White boys from Illinois.

In any case, they seem to have gotten the basketball thing all  together.

Now if we can just get some cooperation from the Walker guy and the
conservative dominated State Legislature, and persuade them from  cutting
$300 million from the UW budget, all will be right in Badgerland once
again.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) some Wisconsin graduate just
gave the University $100 million.  I can just see the Walker guy  thinking,
"See.  We can have the whole show financed by the private  sector."

David Strang - Not a fan of Gov. Walker.