[Magdalen] and also with me...

Esther Williamson momohl1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 16 22:28:04 UTC 2015

Dear Ginga,
Praying for you as you await results. There was 20 plus years between my
lumpectomy plus radiation and the DCIS which resulted in a mastectomy. I
had also had chemo plus radiation for a rectal polyp not long before the
ductal carcinoma so no option but mastectomy. I count each year of life
since the surgery as a bonus year for which I am very grateful. I see my
oncologist tomorrow.

Keep us posted.
Esther

On 3/16/2015 5:31 PM, Ginga Wilder wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> I am a breast cancer survivor, although the DCIS I was treated for 5 years
> ago this month is barely malignant.  BUT, I had an abnormal mammogram last
> week and had further diagnostic studies today.  I probably have a
> recurrence of DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ), near where the tumor was
> located 5 years ago.  This is actually good news, because it is probably
> not an invasive malignancy.   With DCIS there is no concern about
> chemotherapy and the survival rates are quite high….even with a
> recurrence.  Because I have already had radiation, I can have no more of
> that, so surgery would be the only option.
>

> AND, note the probably, this may be benign calcifications.  The appearance
> is significantly different than the other benign calcifications visible on
> mammogram.  These are smaller and are in a line, obviously following a
> duct.
>

> Dr. Bethea, the radiologist I trust greatly from 5 years ago, went over
> everything with me.  She did a stereotactic biopsy today, and I should have
> the results from that late tomorrow or Wednesday.  Whatever, I’ll be quite
> prepared to see Dr. Christian, my oncologist, on Thursday, an already
> scheduled check up.
>

> Not to worry.
>

> Much love,
>
> Ginga