[Magdalen] A Rose is a Rose.

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:21:52 UTC 2015

We have lovely greenery arrangements, but not flowers, during Lent. Fortunately, we've not had a funeral so far this Lent. I'd have to try to remember another year, but agree flowers would be appropriate. The greenery, and starting with the Penitential Order, are our Sunday Lenten rituals, and yet remembering that Sundays are in, but not of, Lent.

Our rose set was bequest a couple of years ago by a dear friend, "Gentleman" Clyde Harrelson, a retired teacher, who appreciated liturgy immensely for a former Southern Baptist! (He also bequeathed to outreach, CE, and home bound ministries, that I know of.)

We already had Advent blue, and have the silver one might expect of a 170 year old parish.

Peace,
Jo