[Magdalen] More Clergy DWI

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:57:04 UTC 2015

AA/ 'Big Book' defines honesty thus in the opening to a  chapter titled -
How We Do It. -
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.
Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give
themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are
constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such
unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way.
They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living
which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average."

There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders,
but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.
----------------

It has been my experience with those I have known personally who have had
severe alcohol problems, that honesty went out the window way before they
ever 'picked up the drink', or even thought about drinking to block out
their messed up lives.

IMO, in general, dishonesty is such a quick and easy solution, and if/when
it works, it is very effective - kind of a reward for bad behavior. By the
time it stops working, it too is an addiction. Just look around our world
and country today, and 'the church' and on a smaller scale our loved ones
who struggle.

just sayin'
Lynn
ACoA/Alanon