[Magdalen] More Clergy DWI

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Mar 20 01:20:09 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.

The problem is that anecdotal information is not particularly trustworthy. And
the Anonymous part keeps it that way, because it bars any reasonable study.

>Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give
>themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are

Again, anecdotal and thus open to question. It's something akin to blaming a
deceased person for being deceased because he "didn’t pray hard enough" -- which
is sometimes heard in some religious circles (though never in TEC or Mainline
church circles!).

And, of course, some take the sentencing of DWI perps to 12-step programs. It
saves a huge amount on getting professional or psychiatric help, and we see
thousands of repeat DWI offenders who’ve been sentenced to AA and return to the
courts for DWI time and time again, with sentence to AA time and time again as
well.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie