[Magdalen] 2nd priest in SC returns to The Episcopal Church

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Mar 28 00:35:58 UTC 2015

There is none I've met that are wiser than Charlie VonRosenberg.  He's also
very pastoral.  I think if a priest wants to come back (thus automatically
severing their ties to the schismatics (still think this is a good name for
a band)), I think their commitment is pretty clear.  Is there a way you
know to test or ascertain, Roger?  They don't need to drop their
conservative views, or even their non-doctrinaire evangelical worship
styles (I'm learning).  If it seems they've prayed and discerned and
sincerely want to return, I say we take them back.  Hey, they may end up
going to the Methodist or Pentecostals or something -- but I think SC has
plenty of room for conservative (but committed) Episcopalian priests.
Maybe they've heard how fabulous the new Episcopal bishop is.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu