[Magdalen] Good Friday

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 01:09:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 3/30/2015 7:48:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fleenerj at gmail.com writes:

I  remember the years we went to Chicago and/or New York for Holy  Week.>>>

I only did part of Holy Week once in New York, and that was the Vigil
at Church of Saint Mary the Virgin just off Times Square.

An assistant bishop proceeded to repeatedly drop his microphone
during the course of the Liturgy, producing a blast of noise each
time.  It was worth seeing the greatest horde of beeswax candles in
North America lit in the sanctuary at the Gloria.

I did the Vigil and the Easter Day Masses at Ascension, Chicago
one time, as well.  It was lovely in every respect, especially at  the
Communion of the Vigil when a lovely soprano sang the "Alleluia"
from Mozart's "Exsultate Jubilate".

David Strang.