[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu May 7 10:25:07 UTC 2015

From: Grace Cangialosi

>My granddaughter is 18 and horse crazy and loves books. If they're all boxed
>up, I'd pay to ship them to her...

Sounds like my older sister Patricia. She just purchased a new horse (at age 72)
after an unfortunate incident where a horse she bought turned out to be a nasty
piece of work (the horse had done this with other buyers, it turned out). But
being thrown from a horse at age 72 is apparently just part of that love for
horses that so many girls fall into.

As for books, she drove her large van from Chicago to Smithtown when we were
moving, and took four bookcases and the books that were in them, plus another
dozen cartons of books. She cleared all the mystery books and some Sic Fi and
other miscellaneous fiction.

I recently came across (in unpacking) a First Edition "Black Beauty" which I've
sent to her -- and she remembers it as her "favorite book" as a little girl.

Cheers,
Jim