[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:58:15 UTC 2015

There's never been any question of joint ownership...it won't happen. As
for his living in community, the idea of his doing that has come up a
couple of times in light conversation, especially when he's glowing from a
retreat at Saint Meinrad, where he is given a cell in the enclosure rather
than staying in the guest house.

I personally am not sure dispersed Benedictine life works for me,
especially if I will always fall short due to my irrational and
hyperresponsible need to earn a living. It can seem just a bit scoldy if
the Rule is to be kept fully, and/or fudgy if most of the Rule is to be
modified. There's a reason why some communities have written their own Rule
inspired by Benedict's.