[Magdalen] Seeing the Gospels through a Jewish lens: An interview with Amy-Jill Levine - On Faith & Culture

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri May 8 18:12:02 UTC 2015

Interesting, I would love to hear more about her readings of the Parables.
Her students are lucky!

As to Max, he may make the occasional logical, well founded point but I've
looked at a few other articles on that same blog, and Max appears to be a
classic Internet Troll. He is not there to enhance debate or even play
devil's advocate, but to shout down the conversation and act out in abusive
ways - even when other commenters really do try to present their evidence
etc.

The sad and somewhat puzzling thing is that trolls like Max almost always
succeed in preventing constructive debate, because there are always at
least one or two people who do attempt to engage them and reason with them,
or (worse) to retaliate in like manner.

And the format of most "comments" sections means that once you've ploughed
through a string of such messages, you're more likely to hit the X than to
persist in the hope of finding something more substantial, further down.

I've wasted more time than I should have - in years gone by - on political
blogs where there were "salaried" trolls who were paid to do the job! I'm
not saying Max is that sort but he's talented enough to make money if he
had a sponsor!

Sally D