[Magdalen] Acronyms and initialisms (was TECnical question)

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:46:14 UTC 2015

Another oddity about Massachusetts is Boston's prohibition against
a large number of unrelated adults living at the same residence. It
was supposed to be used to control the number and size of brothels,
but the anti-Catholic zealots of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
used it to harrass convents. Shadows exist in condominium law. We
cannot have more than two unrelated adults sharing a unit in our
building.

It was only a few years ago that the law allowing churches to veto a
license to serve alcohol within a certain number of yards of the church
was overturned when a restaurant in Harvard Square sued the adjacent
Armenian church for the right to obtain a liquor license.
-M