[Magdalen] 5 Easter sermon, was Baptism refused...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 12 00:13:00 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/11/2015 8:06:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Why we  don't believe in the "traditional family" mythology. She had five
children  by my great great grandfather Blok, and the Handyman sired six
more! My
mother met some of the Louewens when she was a little girl, but they
pretty much
disappeared when they came of  age.>>>>

For much of the world back in that day, having a lot of children was
routine.  Usually, though, it was the wives who died away leaving  the
husband to start a new family.

In the case of my maternal great grandfather, there were 10 children  from
the first mother, and then an addition 7 children with the second
mother - my great grandmother.

They had run out of names, and so there was some reuse.  There
are two sibling Andrew Liums, for example.  This makes genealogy a  real
nightmare.

David Strang.