[Magdalen] Time for the Next Generation.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 19 01:28:32 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/18/2015 7:31:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Fine  China/

http://www1.macys.com/shop/dining-entertaining/casual-dinnerware-fine-china/
Dinnerware_type,Sortby,Productsperpage/Fine%20China,PRICE_HIGH_TO_LOW,40?id=
53629&edge=hybrid&cm_kws=fine%20china

Crystal?  I see a nice set at the top for only $3,000 – Anyone else think
that’s  down-market?>>>>
I hate to burst your bubble, but a set of 12 wine glasses in either
Czech or Scottish crystal is often more than this.

They do carry a limited number of patterns.  They do not carry  my
patterns of flatware, china or crystal.  They used to carry them, and  I
filled out sets by buying these at Macy's 25+ years ago.

Importantly, the employees in these departments at the flagship store
in Manhattan have routinely told me in the past that they do NOT now  carry
what would have been considered the range of these items one  would
expect in a fine china/crystal/flatware department.  I last checked  into
this nearly ten years ago.  If Macy's has subsequently "gotten  religion",
I wouldn't know because I no longer shop there.

Neiman-Marcus anyone?

In any case, it's all gone now, given away to my grandchildren which  was
really the point of the post.

David Strang.