[Magdalen] To renew or not to renew....

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 27 15:48:58 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/27/2015 10:50:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

......... Any thoughts, pubmates?>>>>

We could be twins.

I've been wrestling with state medical licensure (Pennsylvania,  Wisconsin)
 membership in the various academies, societies,  associations,
etc.  Fortunately most of them have a retired status and there is only  a
small fee or none at all.

The state licenses are another matter.  There is no reduction for  retired
status there, and the fees are increasingly high.  I was licensed  in
California for decades, but about ten years ago let that expire  because
even then the renewal was well over $1,000/2 years.

It's hard to give some of this up, but the bottom line is that I can't
practice
medicine (other than upon myself!) anyway because I do not carry mal-
practice insurance.  So the whole matter is academic.   It's  rather an
emotional issue.  I will not be practicing medicine again.  50  years + was
long enough.

David Strang.