[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Thu Nov 5 18:12:28 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn Ronkainen
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 11:27 AM
To: magdalen at herberthouse.org
Subject: Re: [Magdalen] Heather Cook

I have found that anyone saying 'no' to alcohol in church, unless it is the
priest, is in a minority.

This has not been my experience at all. In the 30 years I spent in my parish
in Mass., there was never any alcohol at church events, and I don't recall
it ever being an issue. Same with other parishes I've belonged to or had
contact with. These are all in New England, so that may be the difference.
Lee confirms that in some places alcohol is common and a problem, but in
most church events we're familiar with (again, in New England) there is
little or no alcohol.

Raffles, on the other hand ...

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA