[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:28:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> We had an "official" piscina, but the stiff-necked Protestants on the Altar
> Guild would go ballistic at the very thought of using it, as it hinted that
> the elements amounted to something other than "mere memorial."

I helped clear up after our All Souls' Day solemn Requiem Mass, and
one of the items to deal with was a plastic cup with water in it for
the celebrant/preacher. I held it up to show the head MC and I asked,
"This touched a priest's lips; should it be poured into the piscina?"
He laughed and then effected a sudden deadpan stoneface and declared,
"No!" :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA