[Magdalen] Egtablevay?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 21:17:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/22/2015 3:11:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

One of  cornerstones of my parents' marriage was a mutual loathing of
stewed
tomatoes.>>>>>>

What would Italian cuisine be without tomatoes?

I, too, like tomatoes, but do get just a little tired of their  ubiquitous
appearance in all sorts of foods.

There was a restaurant in the Chicago Loop (name escapes me)
that specialized in fancy Italian cuisine, and that did not include
a lot of tomatoes.  The cuisine was more like what we associate
with French cookery, and, in fact, I've heard it stated that such
Italian cuisine is the real basis for classic French cuisine.

Ciao!

David Strang.