[Magdalen] VTS Chapel,

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 18:02:16 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/10/2015 1:24:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Sorry to  have mentioned this, then.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:21 PM, James  Handsfield <jhandsfield at att.net>
wrote:
> Ah, the Anglican version  of the Tridentine Mass, based on the Celebrant
celebrating on behalf of the  others present, with the Tridentine
commemoration of the Transubstantiation of  the elements (genuflection, elevation,
genuflection), the acts that complete  each part, something that Anglicans have
NEVER believed in.

> At  St. Bede’s, we finally did away with the sanctus bells altogether,
did away  with the word ‘celebrant’ (all present celebrates - liturgy = work
of the  people), and everyone prays the Collect for  Purity.>>>>>>>>>>

Hey!  I resemble that!

 But Anglocatholic worship in the style of Tridentine Liturgy is a  valid
liturgical worship form for Anglicans, and the theology that you  mention
here IS believed by many Anglicans.

I do believe in Transubstantiation, and that the presider does  act "in
persona Christi" or even as the "Alter Christus" in evoking the
Sacrifice of Calvary.

However, I would NEVER impose my theology or imply that my way
is the only way for everyone.

If there is one rule to be applied to Anglicans, it is that their  theology
is varied.  Frankly, that's true for Roman Catholics, as well, with  as
many as 50% not adhering to the theology of  Transubstantiation.

David S.