[Magdalen] Kimchi pickle review.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 10 22:59:04 UTC 2015

Well.  One day on the counter and six days in the fridge, and the whole thing with extra of everything spice, resulted in pickles that taste good, but still way to much like raw cucumber, and so UNkinchi'ish that one's mind is boggled at how much seasoning could produce so little flavor.  But, when I opened the jar, with the lovely sound of a sealed fermenting something coming free of its confines, it was still bubbling, bless its heart.  Query, Jay:  Is it possibly simply not done?  But even if the fermenation process isn't done, I can't see how so much spice (to the tune of a very thick layer in the bottom of the jar) could do anything more than it's already done, which isn't much.

I'm gonna let them continue.  (I made two jars, so one isn't even open yet.)  But my belief that they'll get any better is slim to none.  Maybe vinegar instead of water next time???